Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Short Story of “Letting Go”…Part 2

Lire la traduction française

Woaaaaaaaaa! There is soooo much to say! The process of letting go is so powerful and applies to ALL areas of our lives! Anyway, you are probably seeking some adventurous stories and not a lecture on emotional and spiritual well-being…

Life being perfect the way it is, not being able to write everything last week gave me opportunities to learn more about the subject I cherish: Aboriginal Culture. For the ones who hung out with me during the months prior to my departure know that I read many books about Australian Aborigines and their past and current situation (thanks again Jodi for that marvelous book!). In the last few years, I worked hard on my letting go concerning the possibilities of getting closer to ancient wisdom. Many indigenous cultures have been so mistreated that they have a hard time accepting passionate foreigners in their circle. So I prepared myself for anger and hatred. Those feelings are certainly present, but instead of being directed to any Caucasian, I feel so far that it is directed towards the government and the people that actually are, and have been, doing some big damage. There are some projects I might be able to participate in, and the culture seems to regain its power slowly but surely. Of course for the past month, I have been just passing through and asking random wonderful strangers about what the situation is, but still, I already have a CD to learn one of the thousand aboriginal languages (given for free!!!) and a Yidaki that Marc and I made ourselves, with the help of aboriginal artist Kristian Benton (yaaay! We made a documentary about our experience, check it out!). In Sydney and elsewhere, you can see posters, statues, parks, banners in honor of Aboriginal culture. It is very present. I know that what most of us would reckon first is that this is just to attract tourists and to put a nice duvet blanket over the atrocities committed. I believe it is absolutely true (http://www.ourgeneration.org.au/). However, in my life-long quest to positivity, I always seek the good in everything, and that led me to realize that, thanks to that blanket, so many travelers of all kinds, and probably Australians too, are learning about the most ancient culture of the World without even noticing it. They become familiar with spiritual symbols, with the importance of nature and the vital importance of respecting the land’s first inhabitants. I am happy. I can’t wait to share more of what I learn about this broken but healing (I hope) culture. It is spectacular how life surprises you, you expect something that isn’t there and what you think will be absent rises brighter on your horizon every morning.

I haven’t been happy and relaxed like I am now for years. I find again this unconditional love for Life that I had touched in South America. I have no watch, I go to sleep when the sun goes down, I wake up with it, I am ALWAYS outside, I meet beautiful people, I teach myself Yoga and I breathe deep breaths. I know we can’t always live like that, and that’s what makes it so special. But really, walls are weird, go outside when you have the chance!

See HIS view
See His and Hers Pictures
See His and Hers Videos

Links:
http://www.kanyini.com/
http://www.wardamanwomensbusiness.com/wwbtnotes.html

1 comment:

  1. Walls are indeed pretty weird, especially the ones in our heads!

    Merci pour tes belles paroles, c'est appaisant de sentir ce "laissez-aller" et à travers vous on peu se re-centrer sur des choses plus simples et plus vrais :)

    ReplyDelete