Monday, May 10, 2010

A True Hippy Barbie for once?*

Lire l’original en français

It’s dreary. As it’s been for many of the last days. But this morning, I will get through this dreariness by listening to your hearts, for they will be metronomes to my writing.

I began to see the sunshine while practising my Yoga salute and reading a book on fairies, for which I couldn’t resist during the first week of our trip. I rush to read it because I believe I found a good home for it. A comforting nest where princesses and kind monsters, genies and white sorceresses live, and where the vaporous pictures and magic recipes of the book will be appreciated.

We didn’t travel much since April 20, but we visited the passions and history of the Deakin family and we have been so blessed by their good nature. Our universe was filled with conversations on LEGO’s novelties, organic markets, permaculture, board games, fairies, laser swords and Barbie movies.

Since I’m old enough to compare myself to others and find my own imperfections, I blamed much of my lack of self-esteem on Barbie and her unhealthy social models. The apotheosis of my frustration came when I learned her mensurations would never allow her to stay upright if she were to become human. So you’ll understand why I didn’t really want to watch a movie starring miss everything-in-pink, last Friday. I was afraid my organic boulghour would get stuck in my throat. But life played a trick on me by teaching me that beauty is everywhere and often in the last place you’d think it would be. However, don’t think Barbie had love handles and hair "stuck slump"… I would have been too pleased…

Barbie, still a child, was stranded on a deserted island where she was raised by animals. She can talk to them, take care of them and sing (every 5 minutes) the beauty of the world and the importance of taking care of Mother Earth. An adventurer prince finds her and brings her back to his castle where she suffers, of course, having no manners and preferring from far climbing trees with monkeys. Well well, for sure he falls in love but still, in order to marry Barbie, must refuse to marry a true blood princess who happens to like playing the harp and doesn’t ride horses. What a scandal at the court! Notwithstanding the extreme kitsch, my boulghour easily slid down my throat and Barbie surprised me. And instead of going shopping, she recycled nature elements to sew a dress. My friends, there’s hope!

I had a birthday party on the night of April 24th.You have to admit it’s incredible, to be able to organize a party with good friends only one month after arriving in Melbourne! Once again, our Nihon friends adorned the party with their cameras and their screams of excitement … This time, because they had never seen microwave popcorn!

On the 25 th, we attended a fund raising festival dedicated to save Australian and Filipino forests. It was delightful to be among friends, even if they were strangers! As in a dream, every beloved look-alike seemed to be assembled to dance in front of the Barons of Tang, which brings back Grim Skunk and Gogol Bordello, Combat Wombat and Loco Locass from the area. Free Narguileh salon, pirate vegetarian cuisine, grunge haircuts for a volunteer contribution and even real tattoos on the spot… Something to stay inspired for a long time and lots of money to regenerate the forest!!!

*Dedicated to the beautiful Sophie Laplante

See HIS view
See His and Hers Videos
See His and Hers Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment