Monday, April 19, 2010

No need to pay for a Qi-Gong lesson of relaxation …

Lire l’original en Français

It seems sad to take a week off from our blog. It’s as if we miss you. As if we felt a loss of your eyes on our words. I’m so glad to be back!

The great Qi-Gong Master Xhan-Fan Soa Ka Liay*softly told me I had the right to not always be cranked up MegaSuperAlways positive. So yesterday, I accepted the fact that being homeless and jobless in the heart of Babylon at the beginning of the Australian winter could be draining, even if it’s a chosen situation of being nomad. Once this conclusion well anchored in the calm of my being, everything immediately came back multicoloured and once again I saw all the magic of my life. The problem, once observed and accepted, covers itself with a positive learning fleece.

No need to pay to fulfill a big dream (moreover!)

Who read Memoirs of a Geisha? I believe every other people has read this excellent “ bestseller ”, because the night I took small steps in a beautiful violet kimono, everybody commented on my appearance based on what they had learned from that novel. So you never know when your reading will be useful to hold a sophisticated conversation! On the night of April 10, I was gloating. It was so emotional to see Mariko tie up the red obi on my kimono; I almost ruined my beautiful make-up! She was so absorbed in her task and was pushing me around from left to right to tug on the endless fabric. A swift pull on the collar to reveal the nape of the neck and she would shout ingenuously: “sexy!”! An elegant movement to teach me how to reveal the underside of my wrist and she would shout: “sexy!”! Her eyes filled with pride when I succeeded kneeling without having the slit of the kimono opening outrageously. Finally, after a flock of emotion filled “sexy!” she explained to me that the free lock of hair on the left side of my face meant my wild and exciting side and the slick right side meant my discipline and submission, attractive qualities in Japanese culture. I spent the first hour of the costume party in the most Nihon attitude, but I quickly realized I needed to move a little bit more, I needed more roundness. So I tried something never seen before, which resulted in an explosion of laughter from my Japanese friends and the multicultural group filling the living room; I danced in a sexy-afro-hip-hop style wearing an ultra restrictive kimono. It was an intense cultural conflict. Honestly, it was really something to merge such distant cultures, which weren’t even mine!

Speaking of cultural merging, I also want to say I didn’t have to pay to witness a thrilling “first” … While preparing lunch for the film crew of a documentary on urban permaculture (under the watchful eye of the camera), I handed a carrot and grater to my dear Mariko, in order to add bright orange colour to the salad. She had never ever grated a carrot and she was soooo thrilled! Just to show you what’s mundane to us isn’t necessarily to Nihons!!!

*Jean-François Carrier

See HIS view
See His and Hers Photos
See His and Hers Videos



No comments:

Post a Comment