Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Armpit Tattoos

Lire l'original en Français

We have invented almost everything to “embellish” ourselves. We modify our hair, tan our skin; unfortunately, we add or take away parts of our bodies and pierce or draw art galleries on the walls of our skin. We choose fabrics, coloured, veiled, embroidered and sometimes as bright as a star filled sky. And I find us beautiful in our endless variety. I have to admit, sometimes, I can only fill myself with the greatest humility facing Mother Nature’s creation.

Oh well, I know some of us were lucky enough to have their armpits “ectrolysized” or “laserized” (it almost sounds like torture…!). So it makes sense that we want to make the most forgotten alcoves of our bodies more attractive. But I believe some inhabitants of Gaia’ depths steal the show. Who has ever thought of tattooing their armpits? I’m sure someone has already done it, but I wouldn’t say it’s a norm. However, it’s surely a norm for parrot fishes, my favourite fishes. Many times I have meditated facing these unbelievable beauties, and still every time I’m with them, I feel so small, even though I’m much bigger than they are with my diving suit, my gigantic mask and my oxygen bottle, which looks like a bomb! They are “celestially” beautiful. I’m sure all the Gods of all the world’s religions must have entered a partnership in which they had to try and use the entire terrestrial colour palette on one living creature. And not only did they succeed, but they also managed to combine a great part of already existing patterns!

From the Celtic labyrinth on top of the tiny cranium, to the colourful triangles on the fins, to the lunar rainbow on the tail, and to the scales reminiscing of the Flower of life, the parrotfish is a millennial archive containing a global list of arts. I believe if they could read, they would be touched! And they even look different when the Sun is shining; they glitter like an opal and we can see a cascade of shooting stars on their head.

I couldn’t cry because I hate to have water in my mask, but I believe I could have added a little water to the Pacific Ocean as I was so pleased to join the old friends I hadn’t seen since Hawai’i. It was so good to be back in the land of bubbles, with ever changing landscapes! I floated from the land of gigantic scoops of ice cream to the district of violet and metallic turquoise mouths opening and shutting as if they wanted to share, in an instant, all the might of their country with me. And through all of it, I held your hand so you could travel with me and witness submarine flowers oscillating in the currents with grace.

See HIS view
See His and Hers Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment